Below is our recent interview with Sherri Liebo, SVP and Head of Marketing at Flexential:
Q: Could you provide our readers with a brief introduction to your company?
A: For 20+ years, Flexential has helped companies remain flexible, adaptable, and competitive in the dynamic IT landscape via an interconnected portfolio of must-have capabilities. Specifically, Flexential provides colocation, cloud, disaster recovery and professional services – all with access to IT experts for continual support. Flexential offers 38 data centers across 19 markets, which allow for high-density power capabilities and geographic proximity for the total control of distributed architectures.
Q: Any highlights on your recent announcement?
A: Coming on the heels of Flexential’s 2.1B green financing initiative – the industry’s largest asset-backed securitization to date, we formally announced a significant growth plan for 2022. Highlights include:
- Construction of Highly Sustainable Data Centers: Flexential is already expanding in hot, emerging markets such as Atlanta, Denver, Dallas, and Portland. All new data center projects will demonstrate a power usage effectiveness (PUE) of 1.4 or below and zero water usage, given Flexential’s strict guidelines in their Green Finance Framework.
- Major Growth and Sustainability Milestones: In 2022, Flexential plans to add 33MW of new sustainable data center development projects, more than double the rate of expansion compared to last year. Flexential is committed to designing, building, and maintaining our facilities with long-term sustainability top of mind.
- Significant Enhancements to National Flexential Platform: To address the need for rapid deployment of critical infrastructure, Flexential created three preconfigured (yet customizable) blueprints that will help customers scale digital business. Our focus is on helping CIOs address the need for agility and ability to scale, application and network performance, and reliability.
Q: Can you give us more insights into your offering?
A: Pulling from direct customer feedback, the three new FlexAnywhere™ blueprints are designed to address the key pain points CIOs face in meeting ever-changing business challenges. FlexAnywhere™ solutions are comprised of Flexential’s portfolio of offerings including data centers, connectivity, cloud, data protection, managed services, and professional services. The customizable blueprints – since one-size-fits all solutions cannot adequately meet unique customer needs – will help companies:
- Provide Agility and Ability to Scale IT Infrastructure: To meet business requirements, services, tools, and new business initiatives, with the ability to rapidly scale up or down resources, infrastructure, and data center footprints according to demand.
- Improve Application Performance and Reliability: To meet higher SLAs, application and network availability requirements and provide CIO-level visibility into critical infrastructure.
- Deliver Superior Network Performance and Interconnection: To improve response times and create predictable performance for distributed users, provide secure and reliable connectivity to core data centers, and improve network reliability to customers’ cloud providers and business partners.
Q: What can we expect from your company in next 6 months? What are your plans?
A: Flexential has plans for continued facility and platform expansion in 2022. Specifically, we are adding 33MW of new sustainable data center development projects and are aiming to expand our FlexAnywhere™ platform to offer customers over 220 MW and 3 million sq. ft. of capacity across 19 markets. We are incredibly excited for the year ahead and to bring sustainable infrastructure and solutions to the data center industry, and our customers in particular.
Q: What is the best thing about your company that people might not know about?
A: Flexential is a truly customer-first business. We are committed to staying in-the-know of the latest IT trends and keeping conversations open to ensure we’re offering our customers effective, purpose-built products. As companies are getting their footing after two years of COVID-fueled challenges, Flexential is helping our customers reimagine what it takes to meet the needs of their teams and their end-users.