Below is our recent interview with Lyn Johnson & Sara Sparhawk, Founders At West Tenth:
Q: Could you provide our readers with a brief introduction to your company?
A: The West Tenth app is a marketplace where people can discover and shop from women-owned, home-based businesses local to them. West Tenth is on a mission to create a new economy where women who want to work for themselves find the tools, resources, and platform to grow their talents into successful businesses.
What can you find on West Tenth?
- Trusted local professional services from event organizers and makeup artists to interior designers and financial planners.
- Quality handcrafted items, custom artwork, home decor, jewelry, baked goods, floral arrangements and more.
- A network of entrepreneurs, mentors, classes, and a platform to gain visibility through the power of community to help businesses launch and grow.
Q: Any highlights on your recent announcement?
A: West Tenth is growing and always looking for new entrepreneurs and women-owned home-based businesses to join our platform. West Tenth is dedicated to creating opportunities for women to turn their domestic talents (products and services) into businesses, gain visibility through the power of community, and most of all helping you make money doing what you love.
Q: Can you give us more insights into your offering?
A: West Tenth is the place to outsource your to-do list and your talents all from one app.
- Need a custom cake? There’s a local baker in your community who can deliver one to your door.
- Time for a spring cleaning? Search and book cleaning professionals, home organizers, and interior decorators working in your community.
- Hosting a celebration? Hire a party-planner, order a dessert table, florists, party favors, shop a unique hand-crafted gift, have a stylist find the perfect outfit, book a hair appointment.
All from one app. West Tenth. West Tenth is a marketplace to discover local products and services, a community of women supporting women, and a resource for service-based and produce-based entrepreneurs to find the tools and customers right for them.
Q: What can we expect from your company in next 6 months? What are your plans?
A: We’re launching into Austin, Texas and surrounding areas this Spring – expanding our community, strengthening our network, and growing West Tenth.
Our product team is also busy building out new features to our app that we’re excited to announce soon, making searching local products and services from trusted professionals even easier.
Q: What is the best thing about your company that people might not know about?
A: Building an inclusive economy, shopping with intention, and supporting women has been a core value of ours from day one. We want to celebrate and support women and girls to be active participants in the economy by championing a network of women leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to initiate startups, drive economic expansion, support one another, and enhance their communities.