Below is our recent interview with Garett Senez, the Partner at Quark:
Q: Could you provide our readers with a brief introduction to your company?
A: Quark is a Vancouver-based company dedicated to offering modern families baby and parent products that are more thoughtful, safe, high-quality, and affordable. At our core, we are a family business – as young parents of babies and toddlers, we founded Quark so that we could help and simplify the lives of other parents.
Quark was founded by two dads with an eye for brand and the resolve to make things happen. Bored of working for the fortune 500s, we wanted to create something more agile, more consumer-centric, and less corporate. We employ intelligent design and technology in the baby category, to create innovative products that solve everyday problems. As parents ourselves, we know what it takes for a brand to earn trust in the baby category, so we built Quark from the ground up with this in mind. No shortcuts, no half measures. By focusing on what’s really valuable to our customers, we’ve made an impact both on and off shelf and the results have been pretty remarkable.
From feeding to smart tech, we’re simplifying the way people interact with the items they choose to use on their parenting journey.
Q: Any highlights on your recent announcement?
A: Parents released today its annual Best for Baby Awards, honoring the 60 best products expectant and new parents need to care for their babies in their first year. Covering everything from bottles and diapers to car seats and strollers, the Parents Best for Baby Awards were curated by experts and tested by parents, with recommendations across four categories: nursery, on-the-go, feeding, and bath/health.
Quark is proud to announce that it’s Quook 5-in-1 Baby Food Maker, Bottle Warmer & Sterilizer, has won “Best Baby Food Maker” in the Best for Baby Awards 2023 by Parents.
Q: Can you give us more insights into your offering?
A: Our product assortment ranges from $9.99 USD to $149.99 USD. It contains some of the core essential parents need – from ensuring safety of their little ones to making home-cooked meals, storing food and feeding babies at home or on-the-go:
- Quook™ — The smarter baby food processor. The 5-in-1 baby food maker steams and blends in minutes. Plus, it is designed with an easy-to-clean touch display, innovative automatic cleaning mode, effective sterilization setting, and an integrated bottle warmer. MSRP $149.99 USD
- Fruuti™ — The revolutionary fruit feeder. Featuring advanced rotary propulsion technology, multiple safe extrusion tip sizes, and enhanced clean capability, Fruuti™ is the best way to start baby’s feeding journey. MSRP $14.99 USD
- Feedi™ — The essential 5-piece silicone dining set. Featuring an adjustable bib with a catch pocket, a three-segment plate and spill guard bowl (each equipped with a suction base), and a pair of gum-friendly utensils, Feedi™ makes the feeding ritual more pleasant for babies and parents alike. MSRP $34.99 USD
- Chiill — The must-have silicone freezer tray. Chiill is designed with seven individual prep pods and a precision-molded silicone lid to make baby food portioning and storage simpler. MSRP $14.99 USD
- Storii™ — The all-purpose food storage container. Featuring a secure-latch lid with a removable leakproof silicone seal and an integrated clip-in ice pack, Storii™ preserves meals and snacks for the whole family. Pack of 3. MSRP $16.99 USD
- Foxii™ — The adorable silicone corner guards. Foxii™ corner protectors are designed to add a dash of fun to the all-important baby-proofing safety routine. Pack of 4. MSRP $9.99 USD
- Buubi™Bottle – The smart portable milk warmer. The first of its kind, BuubiBottle’s versatile smart temperature control allows you to warm milk or water for formula safely and evenly on-the-go. MSRP 114.99 USD
- Thiingy™ – Our sensory teether ball. Explore colours, textures and sound with this unique, fun-to-hold and safe-to-chew sensory teething ball. Made from food-grade materials and designed to be your baby’s new favourite thingy. MSRP $14.99 USD
Q: What can we expect from your company in next 6 months? What are your plans?
A: Kicking off its commercial debut with strategic retail partnerships, the Canadian company is slated to grow its commercial presence across the United States and Canada. The company expects to expand its product assortment in the baby category with additional technology-driven innovations launching in 2023.
Quark has already confirmed listings with buy buy Baby, BabyList, Nordstroms, Amazon, and Albertsons in the USA with additional retailer partnerships to be released later in the year.
Q: What is the best thing about your company that people might not know about?
A: Quark launched in the Canadian market with broad scale out of home activity, calling out Elon Musk in its creative with the tagline “Hey Elon, need to feed babies on Mars? Our rockets are reusable too”. The campaign was lauded as inventive by Strategy Magazine with eye-catching orange ads emblazoned and clever slogans – so much so that it actually drew the attention of Elon Musk in 2022 at launch where he Tweeted back “I hope it’s a good product”