Below is our recent interview with Andrea Nuñez, Content Member at Nowports:
Q: Could you provide our readers with a brief introduction to your company?
A: Nowports is the first digital freight forwarder in Latin America. Unlike traditional freight forwarders, we facilitate import and export processes using our knowledge in logistics and technology to develop logistic solutions. All our customers have access to a platform with fast routes and rates, cargo tracking at any time, access to digitized documents and reports, and communication with everyone involved in a collaborative space.
Q: Any highlights on your recent announcement?
- A: Our leading investor is Tiger Global.
- SoftBank Latin America Fund and DST also joined this round.
- Our previous investors Mouro Capital, Monashees, Base10 Partners, Broadhaven Ventures, and Foundation Capital participated.
Q: Can you give us more insights into your offering?
- A: We raised US $8.6 million in our seed round (1Q 2019) and $23 million in Series A (July 2021).
- We are very enthusiastic about our new investors and their knowledge of financial technology companies.
- This round places us as the startup in Monterrey, Mexico, with the most capital received.
- US $100 will be for extending our financing services.
Q: What can we expect from your company in next 6 months? What are your plans?
A: We plan to use this capital to enforce our current developments and reach more companies in the region. Most of our efforts will be focused on:
- Scaling our insurance & inventory financing products.
- Aggressive expansion of Nowports Brazil.
- Opening operational offices in key cities outside LatAm, in Asia and Europe.
- We are opening more offices in the countries we are already in (Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Peru, and Uruguay).
Q: What is the best thing about your company that people might not know about?
A: Freight shipping tends to be invisible if everything is running fine, but the recent lack of products worldwide showed how interconnected we are. Short notice limitations, sudden closures, and remote work noted the urgency to develop better logistics solutions.
In Nowports, we believe that investing in digital transformation will help supply chain industries and the whole economic system for the post-pandemic recovery we will face in Latin America.