Below is our recent interview with Derek Creevey, Director of PR at GEP Worldwide:
Q: Could you provide our readers with a brief introduction to your company?
A: GEP is a leading provider of procurement and supply chain software and services to Fortune 500 and Global 2000 enterprises worldwide.Founded 2000, GEP operates 21 offices and projects in over 100 countries, supporting more than 450 companies, including:
- CPGs: Church & Dwight, Kellogg’s, General Mills, Unilever;
- HEALTH CARE: Bayer, Biogen, Bristol-Myers Squibb;
- RETAILERS: Macy’s;
- CHEMICALS, OIL & GAS: Chevron, DuPont;
- FINANCIAL SERVICES: Citibank, Bank of America;
- MANUFACTURERS: Honda, Lennox International, Bekaert
GEP provides customers with three key offerings – strategic consulting, software and managed services, with many companies looking to GEP for a hybrid solution comprising all three as part of an overall digital transformation program.
- GEP Software platform is that on which many of the world’s best companies are building their next generation digital procurement and supply operations.
- GEP SMART™ is a unified, AI-powered source-to-pay procurement software platform used by leading procurement organizations
- GEP NEXXE™ is an end-to-end supply chain platform providing role-based user experiences across supply chain including planning, collaboration, execution and visibility all running on a single data platform.
- GEP NEXXE and GEP SMART combine to create the world’s only complete Source-to-Pay and Supply Chain Management solution.
GEP is unique in providing not just a complete, unified supply chain and procurement platform but in having the consulting and service delivery expertise to provide the world’s most demanding companies a genuine solution.
Q: Any highlights on your recent announcement?
A: GEP announced Alliant Credit Union; Husqvarna; Kingspan Light + Air; Lenovo; McCarthy Holdings; Modine Manufacturing; Stockholm Exergi; and The Cheesecake Factory as new clients.
- Quadrant Knowledge Solutions has named GEP the leader in its SPARK Matrix™: Strategic Sourcing Application, 2021.
- GEP named Star Performer among the Leaders category in Everest Group’s 2021 PEAK Matrix® Assessment of Procurement Outsourcing (PO) Providers, for the ninth consecutive year.
- GEP named as one of the world’s Top 10 Supply Chain Service Providers 2021 by HFS Research.
- GEP was one of only three global consulting firms among 17 honored for its supply chain technology expertise by ALM Intelligence Pacesetter Research: Supply Chain 2021-2022.
- GEP named Best Procurement Software award by World Procurement Awards, for second year in a row
- “State of Global Supply Chain” commissioned survey of global business leaders conducted by Harvard Business Review Analytic Services
- “Cost of Supply Chain Disruption” commissioned survey of C-suite executives at European and U.S. global companies, conducted by The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
Q: Can you give us more insights into your offering?
A: Supply chains face major challenges to ensure business resilience, control costs, sense and fulfill customer demand and support business growth. GEP Software is a unified end-to-end procurement and supply chain platform offering state-of-the-art capabilities including real-time visibility, AI-informed insights and intelligence, and multi-tier collaboration functionalities. It is the only solution that bridges the gaps between supply chain execution and planning, and integrates with sourcing and procurement, to seamlessly connect data, processes, and partners across the supply chain network.
Q: What can we expect from your company in next 6 months? What are your plans?
A: GEP’s future is very bright. The company anticipates continuing high growth because:
First: Supply chains and procurement are now a board-room and investor level issue:
- Companies investing in software; accelerating digital transformation to build resilient supply chains
- Major shift underway as companies need redundancy and resilience in their company’s supply chain as well as speed and cost efficiency.
Second: Procurement function is now strategic and essential to get costs in line with new price volatility and inflation, and supply chain disruptions
Third: Sustainability. Using your supply chain/suppliers to cut waste, energy and carbon emissions is now paramount.
Q: What is the best thing about your company that people might not know about?
A: GEP’s unified approach encompassing strategy/consulting, software, and managed services helps enterprises rapidly build the infrastructure and capabilities to power high-performance procurement and supply chain organizations.
Q: Provide a brief background of your company and its long-term vision as a company:
A: GEP delivers on the promise of digital transformation for procurement and supply chain, which face major challenges to ensure business resilience, control costs, sense and fulfill customer demand and support business growth.
- World-Class Experience: Built User-First, persona-based user experience, device agnostic – any platform, anywhere
- Complete Unified Platform: Unified End-to-End, cloud-native, single code base, total visibility and control -microservice architecture
- Designed for the Enterprise: Co-innovation, global scale and experience, data-centric, connects all systems, manage risk, optimize efficiency, compliance & governance
- Cognitive Intelligence & Responsive Analytics: AI throughout in support of processes, guided decision-making, enhanced automation
- Outcome/Result Focused: Shorter Time to Value (rapid deployment/rollout, KPI alignment, ROI), no supplier fees and results with outstanding service throughout the lifecycle